This week was one of those week where I found myself eating out more than I would have liked to. People talk about the 80-20 rule. Which essentially means it’s not bad unless it’s something you are doing more than 20% of the time. This week was about a 60-40 for me.
Tips for eating out:
- Anything that is not fried.
- Anything with cream sauce is likely going to have butter and some sort of cream cheese.
- Salads with creamy dressings can be very high in calorie
- Get water. Usually food made in restaurants have a higher salt content.
- Sometimes there is no avoiding eating out or eating at someone else’s house. My best advice would be to go for nutrients instead of the least calories. Try to stay away from empty calories such as sweets or white bread.
- Restaurants usually give you twice as much as you need to eat. Saving half of it off immediately could keep you from eating the whole thing unintentionally.
If you splurge on the weekend you could be undoing all the work you put in during the week. Try to keep healthy snacks on hand before you go out. This will help you be less hungry when you eat out and more likely to make good food choices.
One thing that saved me this week was this crockpot meal. It was very easy to make and I was able to eat it twice and put some in the freezer for a busy day.
On a side note: I only went to the gym three time this week and was sick for the rest of the week. However I did move up into a higher weight for one of my sets. So no matter what I am definitely getting stronger! Have a great week.